Michelle St Germain has been training dogs since 2000 and is a Professional member of the Canadian Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers (CAPPDT) since then as well. I have owned dogs my whole life and always been fascinated by their behavior and ability to integrate into a valued family member. I attend seminars and workshops with some of the best trainers from all over the globe. I enjoy the techniques and views in particular of Dr Ian Dunbar & Dr Sophia Yin, and incorporate them into all my classes and private sessions.
I am the founder of Happy Tails Canine Training Academy which was est. in 2012 after leaving my career as a Veterinary Technician of 15 years to focus on my family. I have been running training classes for 17 years through the clinics I have been employed by. I have also done a 2 year apprenticeship with Carolyn Clark who has taught me everything I know and helped me realize my passion for working with people and their dogs.
I enjoy meeting new people and working with them to solve all their problems. Each case is treated in an individual manner, even in group classes. I will do my very best to meet each and every concern you have. I strive to prove to be the best instructor for you and your dog.
The atmosphere promises to be friendly, non competitive, and guarantees to meet all your training needs. I offer many management suggestions to see results in a quick manner.
I can also provide a fun hour of training!!!
There is a silver lining in every case, and it is usually not as bad as it may seem.
I believe in the positive reinforcement method of training dogs. I believe results will be seen much faster than when using force to train dogs. Rewards are used in the training and it is encouraged from day 1 on how to fade the food away from the training. The direct result when using reward based training is a strong bond with your dog built on mutual trust. I truly believe that we bring a dog into our family to enjoy them, I promise to be able to help you with that goal.
SOME ADDED BONUSES that set Happy Tails above the rest:
- -Unlimited Support during and after Classes via phone or email
- -Reliability around Distractions
- -A Program tailored to suit all your training needs. All concerns will be addressed during a class or on a private basis (after class).
- -All issues can be addressed : pulling on leash, hyperactivity, jumping, counter surfing, barking, aggression, socialization, confidence building, house soiling, puppy raising, coming when called.
- EASY to understand and the geared to improve all areas of behaviour.
- Easy to incorporate into your daily routine with your dog.
- Gentle, Safe and Family friendly.
- Friendly, Fun and informative.
- Happy Tails WILL go that extra step to make sure you are satisfied.
"TRAINING FOR A LIFETIME OF GOOD BEHAVIOR"